Pumpkin Tofu Soup

We have had a pretty chilly start to the month of June and this soup sounded really yummy to me, even though the word tofu is in the title. I've never cooked with tofu before. The other draw of this recipe, for me, is that I got to use my Braun Hand Mixer. I have used it so rarely, that it really gave me a thrill to have the opportunity.

Recipe:
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup leeks; whites only, sliced and rinsed well
4 cups chicken or veggie broth
1 cup pumpkin (the recipe called for fresh but I just used canned...make sure that the ingredients are just pumpkin if it's canned)
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp ginger root
1/2 cup silken tofu
sea salt to taste (if you so desire)

sautee the leeks in the olive oil until they're soft
bring the broth, pumpkin and cooked leeks to a boil
reduce heat to a simmer for 30 min

add garlic, ginger and tofu
continue to simmer for 15 more min
puree everything until smooth
add salt to taste

Yum!

I enjoy eating the Monk Bowl luncheon special at Organic Garden in Beverly. It's a bowl filled with leafy greens, rice (either brown or wild), covered with their soup of the day and topped with shredded carrots and mung bean sprouts. Oh yeah, they also have a dehydrated falafel that they make that makes my mouth water. Anyway, I made Monk Bowls for dinner last night for Katie Kate and myself with this lovely soup.

Try it! Let me know what you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's be successful together!

Body Zen Skin Care and Massage...the beginning

Tofu Chocolate Mousse