Body Zen Skin Care and Massage...the beginning

It's been quite a while since I started this blog.  My initial intention, 4 years ago, was to write a blog about the clean eating recipes that I had started to try at the time.  A lot can change in 4 years.  I've since learned how to dance salsa and bachata, taught at a massage school, moved from the North Shore back into Boston, and started my own one woman day spa, Body Zen Skin Care and Massage, inside of Novita Salon in Cambridge, MA.

It's really exciting and at the same time really scary!  I've made some really awesome choices and I've also realized that some of my choices have not been very wise.  What a learning process!  I have to admit, I love being my own boss.  My daily goal is to please every single client that receives a service from me, so in reality, each one of you, my clients, are my boss.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

The idea of having my own space has been percolating in my brain since I was in my business class at the Muscular Therapy Institute back in 2004.  After graduating from MTI, I moved out to Seattle, WA and worked for a great woman, Susanna.  She was very business minded and I learned so much from her in the short time that I lived out there.  I moved back to MA and realized that if I wanted to have a spa, I should probably become an esthetician (skin therapist).  The Elizabeth Grady School of Esthetics was where I received my 300 hour esthetics education back in 2007.

I worked as a massage therapist and esthetician at an Elizabeth Grady studio in Beverly, MA and then worked at The Spa at Equinox in Downtown Boston.  All the while, I kept mulling over ideas as to how I would run my own space if I ever had one.  As some people might say, the Universe was listening and I found a craigslist listing to rent a room in a hair salon in Cambridge.  Everything came together and so here we are!  I'm now a business owner.  Every day, I realize how much work I need to do, and every day I'm happy and excited when I see my schedule and that I have clients.  Both new clients and returning.

I feel grateful, excited, thankful, blessed, nervous, anxious, happy, and elated that I get to share what I love to do with so many interesting people.  I've had some really cool conversations with a diverse group of (mostly) ladies.  I appreciate and value each and every one of my clients and give thanks that each one of them chose me for their massage, facial and waxing services.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have comments, suggestions, or feedback.  Keeping you happy is my goal!

May you always find your bliss.

bz

Comments

  1. Congratulations, bz! You deserve much success not only because you're such a hard worker, but also because you offer such amazing massages and services. I hope to make an appointment with you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's be successful together!

Tofu Chocolate Mousse